FEATURED EVENT • Saturday, June 30 • NATIONAL DAY OF ACTION
On this day, people are rallying in Washington, D.C. and around the country to demand an end to the Trump Administration's cruel immigration policies. Join Bay Resistance, Mujeres Unidas y Activas, Faith in Action, SURJ, and other Bay Area social justice groups to protest human rights abuses at the border and lift up the ongoing work of immigrant-led organizations. Here are some of the local actions:
• Oakland: 10:30 am - 12:30 pm Family-friendly Event at Lake Merritt Labyrinth, 500 Bellevue Ave. with activities for children. Sponsored by Alphabet Rockers, Abundant Beginnings, Destiny Arts Center & others • More info
• Oakland: 4:30 - 6:00 pm Human Billboard, intersection of Harrison St. and Grand Ave. Sponsored by SURJ Bay Area • More info
• Richmond: 11:00 am Rally at West Valley Detention Center, 5555 Giant Hwy. Sponsored by Interfaith Movement for Human Integrity, Mujeres Unidas y Activas, Kehilla Community Synagogue & others • More Info
• Berkeley: 12:00 - 4:00 pm Rally at Old City Hall, 2134 Martin Luther King Jr. Way Sponsored by National Domestic Workers Alliance, ACLU, Indivisible & others • More Info
• San Francisco: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm March from Mission Dolores Park (19th & Dolores) to rally at City Hall, Sponsored by Indivisible SF, Women's March & others • More Info
• San Leandro: 9:00 am March from City Hall (35 E. 14th St.) to rally at Root Park • More info
• Concord: 10:00 am Protest, Todos Santos Plaza, 2175 Willow Pass Rd. • More info
• Alameda: 12:00 noon Human Billboard & Vigil, Intersection of Park St. & Santa Clara Ave. Sponsored by Alameda Progressives & Alameda Justice Alliance • More infoFind a #FamiliesBelongTogether Event Near You
Monday, June 18, 2018 • 2:30 - 5:00 pm
Berkeley Residents: Withdraw Berkeley Police from Urban Shield
We need your support to withdraw the Berkeley Police Department from Urban Shield, the SWAT team training and weapons expo that brings together local, regional, and international police-military units. The Berkeley subcommittee meeting on Urban Shield has been rescheduled for today, with the public comment period at the beginning. The police are continuing to organize against the subcommittee's decision to withdraw the city from Urban Shield and we need to pack the room and hold the City accountable to withdrawing despite police pressure. Please come to the meeting (talking points provided) and send an email to Council if you haven't already (see template here).
Monday, June 11 • 5:30 - 7:30 pm
Sanctuary Neighborhood Workshop
Come learn how to build a sanctuary neighborhood and defend your community from ICE in your workplace, school, congregation, or home. This training is organized by Bay Area Sanctuary Neighborhoods, a project initiated by Arab Resource & Organizing Center, Bay Resistance, Hand in Hand, Immigrant Liberation Movement, Interfaith Movement for Human Integrity, La Colectiva, Mujeres Unidas y Activas, PODER, and Xicana Moratorium Coalition. Sanctuary Neighborhoods brings together neighbors, schools, small businesses, workers, people of faith and congregations who have pledged to defend our communities from ICE. We are each others sanctuary. RSVP here.
Location: Impact Hub S.F., 1885 Mission St. San Francisco
Saturday, June 9 • 2:00 - 5:00 pm
Immigrant Solidarity Rapid Response Training
Join SURJ, the Immigrant Liberation Movement, and Alameda County Immigration Legal and Education Partnership for a solidarity training for immigrant freedom and justice in the East Bay. Participants will train in monitoring ICE activity, accompanying impacted families and other ways to strengthen existing local immigrant defense. Tickets are sliding scale, no one will be turned away for lack of funds. RSVP for tickets & location here!
Location: Shared upon RSVP