Support SURJ's Annual #12DaysToShowUp Fundraising Campaign!
We hope you'll consider making a donation that feels meaningful to you, and that you’ll also call on your friends and family and encourage them to donate. Every donation matters and will help us reach our goal of raising $30,000 by year end. This year, 75% of all the funds raised will go to local Black, Indigenous, and People of Color led organizations. The remaining 25% will be sent to under-resourced, rural SURJ chapters mobilizing white people throughout the US to support the growing movement for racial justice.
Keep up with the campaign on social media (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) and please like, favorite, share, and retweet our posts to spread the word using the #12DaysToShowUp hashtag.
As you consider your year-end giving, we urge you to support this campaign through a one-time tax-deductible donation or you can become a monthly sustainer. Donate here!
Tuesday, December 11 • 4:45 - 8:30 pm
Demand Accountability at Oakland City Council
Join our partners ACCE and APTP in resisting Oakland’s attempt to push through a repressive agenda -- OPD pay raises, unrestrained development, defunding affordable housing, etc. -- before the newly elected City Council is seated.
At 4:45 pm ACCE will hold a press conference in Oscar Grant Plaza to present better solutions. From 5:30 pm we will demand accountability in the outgoing City Council’s last meeting. The Women of the Housing and Dignity Village are also calling on the community to speak up against their brutal eviction.
Location: Oscar Grant/Frank Ogawa Plaza, 14th and Broadway, Oakland
Tuesday, December 4 • 6:45 - 9:00 pm
Intro to SURJ Meeting
Want to get involved with SURJ Bay Area? Come learn about our current work and activities. SURJ moves white people to act for justice, with passion and accountability, as part of a multi-racial majority. You'll hear about SURJ's pathways for entering the work, including committee work, upcoming workshops, and events. We'll answer your questions and share how you can get involved in the movement for racial justice. Please RSVP - space is limited.
Location: Sierra Club, 2101 Webster Street, Suite 1300, Oakland